This is a recipe from my friend Linda. (Visit her online store The Happy Woman when you get a chance.) A few years ago she compiled a book of her Mom's recipes, Spikes Eats – from the kitchen of The Happy Woman's Mom. I've made a number of the recipes inside, and by now the pages are all slimy on this little doozy...Blueberry Muffins.
For some reason these muffins taste like sugar cookies to me. It might be the vanilla. Whatever the reason, they are delightful and worth every bite. Make them this weekend and enjoy one fresh out of the oven with a hot cup of coffee. Or better yet, a cold glass of milk.
Blueberry Muffins
Ingredients
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/3 cup orange juice
4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
1 large egg, room temperature
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp grated orange rind (Ok...I always leave this out, but only because I don't have oranges.)
2 cups of fresh blueberries
Directions
Heat the oven to 400˚. Grease your muffin pan. Stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, stir together the yogurt, orange juice, butter, egg, vanilla and orange rind. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and stir in the yogurt mixture. Stir just to combine and then fold in the blueberries. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Eat them as soon as you can stand it! Yummy... promise.
If you don't feel like baking them yourself, come on over. I have a bunch! However, I'll be canning peaches today with my grandmother. I may put you to work...
They are AWSOME!
ReplyDeleteIt was hard, but I even shared with Alex and she agreed!
Thanks again!
Tim
Hey, thanks Tim! I'm glad you enjoyed them!
ReplyDeleteHey, you made me want to make my own recipe. I'm off to get some blueberries!
ReplyDeleteLinda