Here's a recipe that is requested every time I make it. It's also required that I bring it to every family function. It's an adaptation of the Olive Garden's Artichoke and Spinach dip. Awesome warm, but really good cold as well. I serve it with tortilla chips, but it's great with crackers (Wheat Thins are a favorite), or even served in a bread bowl if you're really ambitious.
Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Ingredients:
1 cup chopped, canned artichoke hearts (not marinated)
1/2 cup chopped, frozen spinach (squeeze as much water out as you can)
8 oz. cream cheese (low-fat works great as well)
1/2 cup fresh, grated parmesan cheese (not the powdered kind)
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes,
1/2 teaspoon each of salt and Pepper
1 small, chopped onion
2 cloves fresh, pressed garlic
1 bag of tortilla chips (either Tostitos “Scoops” or Tostitos “Gold” are great!)
Directions:
In a large, microwave-safe bowl, combine the cream cheese and parmesan cheese, garlic and onion. Microwave for 1-3 minutes, stirring often until well blended. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste. If serving immediately, microwave until hot. If serving later, chill in refrigerator and microwave for 4-5 minutes before serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Serves 6-8 as an appetizer. (It goes fast! So, doubling the recipe is often a good idea!)
Sounds so yummy! I'll have to try this one out soon!
ReplyDeleteI've made your recipe often but I always use fresh spinach and fat-free cream cheese...and it is still a BIG hit.
ReplyDeleteRiverrat Sue
I will try this one too... Two of my favourite ingredients!!
ReplyDelete