Monday, February 4, 2013

RECIPE: Spicy Curried Chicken Salad


I am a soup or salad for lunch kind of girl. Or soup and salad, either way. I've been leaning more towards soup and green salads lately, but have been craving a fresh, creamy, summer-ish chicken salad. Not wanting to make my chicken/walnuts/grapes go-to, I searched around for a curry dressing that would be good on chicken salad. With a few tweeks to make it spicier (to warm your belly on these cold February days), celery and apples for crunch, and dried cranberries for some tang, this one is a winner. I've made a double-batch twice now. Perfect cold-weather lunch.

Spicy Curried Chicken Salad

Ingredients
1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt and pepper
1 cup chopped, cooked chicken breast
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped apple
1/4 cup pecans
1/4 dried cranberries

Directions
In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the mayo, yogurt, and spices. Add in the other ingredients and stir to coat. Let sit for 30 minutes in the fridge before serving.
____

Big A Happy Little Family news...
Starting now (and slowly working back through my previous recipes), you'll be able to easily print the recipe with one click. 

For a printable version of this recipe, click here


1 comment:

  1. I think I'll put this on our menu for a dinner this week. It sounds great.

    ReplyDelete