Thursday, March 20, 2014

Recipe: Snickerdoodle Chex Mix

Snickerdoodle Chex Mix – adapted from the Cinnamon Chex box
The girls and I found this recipe last weekend and decided that since we like Snickerdoodles, Chex, and popcorn, we should probably give it a try. Am I glad we did – it's sweet, but not too much so, and satisfies my sweet & crunchy cravings. Yum.

(The original recipe called for 4 cups of popped corn, I used 6 cups. I think with 4-cups it would have been a little too saturated and sweet.)

Ingredients
¼ cup white sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups Cinnamon Chex cereal
2 cups Chocolate Chex cereal
6 cups air-popped popcorn (½ cup of kernels)
¼ cup butter (I think coconut oil would be delicious too!)

Directions
Mix together the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.

In a large, microwave safe bowl, mix the two cereals with the 6-cups of popped popcorn.

In a small pan or the microwave, melt the butter. Pour the butter over the popcorn/cereals mixture. Stir until coated. Microwave the mixture for one minute. Stir, microwave for another minute.

Pour the sugar/cinnamon mixture over the popcorn. Stir until well coated. Microwave for one minute, then pour onto parchment or waxed paper to cool.

Print recipe here.

1 comment: