If there's anything that I passed on to our girls, the love of reading is what makes me the happiest. I've gotten lost in books my entire life, and knowing that the two of them enjoy it as much as I do is such a gift.
Last week Monday was a snow day. Eleanor's favorite homework assignment? "Read for one hour while sipping hot cocoa." Easy peasy.
Josephine has been doing a bi-nightly ritual where she finishes a chapter book long after being tucked in. She'll come downstairs, or into our room and flop the book down. "Another book…wasted!" she declares. Of course, we play along and tell her how much trouble she's in. Oh, the problems we have! ;)
Keep it up, our little bookworms!


Love it! I love their assignments!
ReplyDeleteOH, and I would bet that that darn Eleanor went way beyond the hour mark.....trouble maker! He gs
ReplyDelete