There are no happy endings. Endings are the saddest part, so just give me a happy middle and a very happy start.
This blog, as it's been for eight (EIGHT!!) years, is coming to an end. It started as a way to share the day-to-day with our family and friends that live out of town. I know Ellie and Josie's grandparents loved seeing them each day, if only via the computer. It's been a wonderful way to keep them connected no matter the miles in between. With two little ones, I didn't have time to put together photo books. Being able to type up a story, add a few photos and hit "publish" filled the space that scrapbooks used to play in our life. I am so happy that we have eight years worth of printed blog books that we can look back on and remember the sweet, silly things that our girls brought to each day.
Sadly, more than once this week I've woken to very alarming blog comments in my inbox. After deleting words that you never want to read about your children, Kyle and I made the decision to make this blog private. We want our friends and family to continue sharing in our life, but we will no longer open ourselves up to those who have no place here.
As of next week Monday, you will need a password to login to the blog. If you know our happy little family, you'll know how to get a hold of us to request that password. I really hope that those of you (I know there are at least of 50 of you each day!) that anonymously read this blog, will feel comfortable enough to ask for that password. If not, it will continue to be our family's digital scrapbook and you're welcome to come over for coffee or a cocktail, sit on the couch and look through the many printed blog books to come. Thanks for following along!
- Lisa
I think it's a good idea to have a private blog. I have been thinking about doing the same with my blog. Too many strangers looking into my life and too many unwelcome comments from strangers.
ReplyDeleteThis breaks my heart. Thank you for keeping our family safe, there are way too many crazy people in the world today.
ReplyDelete