Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Kirker Treehouse!

Kyle deserves a "World's Best Father" mug. He spent all day Saturday and most of Sunday morning finishing Ellie and Josie's treehouse. Then, the three of them spent the night out there Sunday. It really is the treehouse of their dreams!

Testing the loft Saturday night
Peaking from the loft to the main floor
Perfect place to read in the breeze
Making the bed
Josie couldn't wait to clean up!






All tucked in for the night!
We did quite a bit of "re-purposing" in the treehouse…

  • Roofing was left over from the pole barn
  • Deck spindles are saplings from our forest
  • Kyle bought the windows at the Habitat for Humanity resale store
  • The door is from Great Grandpa Kirker's cabin
  • The white chair was one that my Grandma Payne refinished for me when I was a girl
  • Grandma Payne bought the girls their bean bags as birthday gifts a few years ago
  • The window pulls are old stirrups we found at Great Grandma Payne's
  • The floor of the loft is covered with interlocking mats that we used for the basement play area
  • The bed in the loft is the pillow top from our old matress.
  • The two rainbow quilts were made by Grandma Payne as an engagement gift
  • The six pillows are faded deck pillows that I covered in leftover flannel scraps
Hmm…maybe this should have a been a Frugal-Friday post!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure Kyle is a hero in the eyes of the girls.....likely a few dads out there going "way to set the bar", but what a gift. I love the repurposed items. Such great memories, past present and future. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! What a great tree house!

    ReplyDelete