Monday, May 2, 2016

Monday miles


After the Gazelle Girl half, I've taken a week (almost) completely off, and now two weeks of easy running before I begin training for another 26.2. Yes…I'm going back for seconds! :)  I committed to heart rate training this time around. The AMR Heart Rate Challenges promises:

During this training cycle, your perspective on running will change. You will not be wasted exhausted after long runs. Your runs will become more meditative, less stressful. You will become a smarter, better, stronger runner, all by slowing down.

I've followed the same AMR training plans for my six half mararthons, and another AMR plan for last year's 26.2. I'm ready to shake things up a bit. Heart rate training has intrigued me for a long time, and I feel that now's the perfect time to give it a try. Starting next week, if you see me running really, really slow, I promise it's on purpose!


Miles last week
17.5
 Miles in 2016
313.5

1 comment: