I can't believe it's 8:00pm Wednesday and I'm just getting a chance to post. Oh wait...yes I can! (It's been one of those days!)
Without boring you with the details of my day, let me tell you this easy recipe was just what the doctor ordered for a hot, too busy weeknight. Not only does it use a few of the tomatoes that are in abundance, but it's quick, easy, and everyone loved it. (I ripped it out of a magazine. I think it was Good Housekeeping - I'm sorry to some other magazine if I'm giving the wrong publication credit!)
Tomato and Basil Ravioli
Ingredients
3 cups diced, fresh tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped, fresh basil leaves
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
1 bag frozen ravioli
grated Parmesan
Directions
Combine the tomatoes, basil, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well and let it sit on the counter for 20 minutes or so. Meanwhile, cook the frozen ravioli according to package directions. (We used 1/2 bag beef ravioli and 1/2 bag cheese - it was fantastic with both!) Once the ravioli is cooked, drain and toss into the bowl with the other ingredients. Serve with grated Parmesan.
Sounds yummy and I bet I can even make it!
ReplyDelete