Lisa's Chili
Ingredients
1# ground beef (or venison)
1 medium sized yellow onion, chopped
4 cloves of minced garlic or 4 tsp. of Garlic-Garlic seasoning
1 bottle of beer
1/2 cup beef broth
2 14 oz. cans of diced tomatoes
1 14 oz. can chili beans* (mild, medium or hot)
3 tbls. chili powder
1-1/2 tbls. cumin
4-5 shakes of Tabasco
salt and pepper
Directions
Brown the meat, onions and garlic in a large pot or dutch oven. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for at least an hour. Simmer longer for thicker chili, add more beer or broth for thinner chili. Serve with tortilla chips, shredded cheese and sour cream.
*These are Chili beans that come in a chili sauce. These are not kidney beans. I use Brooks brand.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Make Chili this weekend.
Chili is one of the foods that when I have a craving, I want the same thing I had the last time. I spent my childhood eating chili that was good one time, but completely different the next time my mom made it. She never used a recipe, just threw stuff together. I love my mother dearly, but she's not a cook. Baker–yes. Quilter–certainly. Chef–by no means. A few years ago I decided to find the perfect chili recipe. Not too spicy, not too beany. (Is "beany" a word?) This is what I came up with. It's good. Promise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment