
I live in the National Asparagus Capital. I've mentioned that before, right? (We have the queen, festival, parade...all of it.) My Happy Little Family happens to love the tall green stalks, and basically eat it every day while it's in season. For breakfast in omelets, as a snack wrapped in ham with cream cheese, as a perfect simple side dish and a few casseroles. My favorite way to serve it for dinner is in Asparagus and Lobster Pasta.
A few years ago, my sister-in-law Marge and I came up with this little doozy of a recipe. It's been enjoyed by many and even published in our local paper. It's simple, delicious and a little bit decadent. Enjoy!
Asparagus and Lobster Pasta
Ingredients
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 small chopped onion
3 cups blanched asparagus
1 package imitation lobster (chunked or flaked)
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (NOT the canned stuff. Grate it yourself or buy it pre-grated in a pouch.)
1 pint heavy whipping cream
pinch of nutmeg
salt and pepper
bowtie pasta
Directions
Cook the pasta according to package directions, and set aside. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and onion. Sauté until the onion is translucent (about 3 minutes). Add the asparagus and lobster. Sauté until the asparagus is as tender as you'd like it (3-7 minutes). Add the cheese, cream, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for another 3 minutes or so until the sauce starts to bubble and thicken slightly. Dump the pasta in the pan and toss with the sauce. Serve with Parmesan cheese. We like to sprinkle a few red pepper flakes on top to give it a little kick!
NOTE: We really do own other dishes. It seems that these pasta bowls are in almost every food posting. I do love them! (They were a gift from Fabulous Sarah years ago!)
Hey Lisa thank your Sister-in-law for the recipe. I made this on Saturday and it was great. I put on the red pepper flakes which I loved. Thanks again. Janet McGett
ReplyDelete