Monday, July 13, 2009

Mac and cheese.

There is a restaurant in Muskegon call M.A.C. I've been there four or five times now and dream of their Mac and Cheese on a regular basis.

Macaroni and cheese can be easily put into three categories…
1. Kraft. From a box. Easy, good, but nothing dreams are made of.
2. Baked. Good flavor, but dry. No dreams here.
3. Ooey, gooey, cheesy. Yummmmm.

The M.A.C.'s dish falls into category 3. They have seven different types of the stuff–my favorites being the House Mac and the Creole Mac.

I have tried and tried to make Mac and Cheese this way - I finally have it down.

Mac and Cheese (M.A.C. style)

Ingredients
2 cups elbow macaroni - boil and set aside
1/4 cup butter
3 tablespoons flour
salt and pepper
2 cups milk
2 cups cheese*

(* Use at least 6 oz. Velveeta. The remaining cheese is up to you. I've used a few different types, colby, cheddar, provolone, they all work as long as you have the Velveeta base.)

Directions
Melt the butter over low heat. Mix in the flour, salt and pepper and make a roux. Slowly whisk in the milk, and cheese. Stir constantly until smooth. Stir in cooked pasta. Enjoy immediately.

1 comment:

  1. Where is this place called M.A.C.??? Never heard of it. Sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete