
I posted this last year, but have had a few requests for the recipe these past few weeks. I made it last night...so yummy...so incredibly easy! Use that basil, it will be gone before you know it.
RECIPE: Pesto
I cut the recipe in 1/2, it was enough for dinner as well as a serving of leftovers. It's posted here in the full amount.
Ingredients
1 lb. linguine
36 basil leaves
3 cloves garlic
1/2 cup walnuts
1 1/4 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
7 oz olive oil
salt and black pepper
Directions
Wipe the basil leaves clean and place them in a food processor together with the garlic. Turn on the machine and gradually add the cheese and olive oil. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Cook the pasta to al dente and drain reserving 2 tablespoons of the pasta water. Add the pasta water to the pesto and then toss the entire amount with the pasta, being sure to coat each strand. Enjoy...it's delicious!
This will be our dinner tonight. Great, fast dinner following Mike's golf.
ReplyDeleteNoticed you updated your "About me". I laughed, either you don't want to share your age anymore or you don't want to have to update it yearly.
Have a great day. Kisses around from my house to yours.