Friday, July 16, 2010

RECIPE: Renae's Sangria

Tonight is the Dam Book Group. We're meeting at the dam and park (the namesake) in our country neighborhood. It's hot. It's buggy. It's going to be fun anyway. Instead of sipping on wine in this humidity, I thought Sangria would be a little more refreshing.

This is a recipe my friend Renae shared at our annual after-Christmas Mexican Fiesta. Yep...weird tradition, but fun!

RECIPE: Renae's Sangria

Ingredients
1 bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup apple brandy
1 large lemon, sliced
1 large orange, sliced

Directions
Mix all ingredients in a large container. Let rest for 24 hours. When ready to serve, stir and add more sugar or brandy to taste. Mix 1/2 and 1/2 with club soda or sparkling water (even lemon-lime soda if you like it a little sweeter).

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! Can't wait to try it! See you later.

    PS. I have lots of bug spray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That drink looks great, i have to try it. I am ready for a stiff drink and some R&R this weekend.

    ReplyDelete