I was looking for crock-pot ideas for the ground beef/vension/pork we have in the freezer. I found this. We were a little skeptical, but it's quite delicious! (A little too spicy for the girls, but Kyle and I think it's the perfect amount of heat and flavor.)
Ingredients
1 lb. ground beef
1 large onion, diced
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can pinto beans, drained
1 can corn, drained
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes with chilies
2 small cans diced green chilies
1 (1.25 oz.) packet of taco seasoning mix
1 (1 oz.) packet ranch dressing mix
Directions
Brown the ground beef and onion in a large skillet; drain the excess fat, then transfer the browned beef and onions to a large slow cooker or a stockpot. Add the beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles, taco seasoning, and ranch dressing mix, and cook in a slow cooker on low for 6 to 8 hours or simmer over low heat for about 1 hour in a pot on the stove. To serve, place a few corn chips in each bowl and ladle soup over them. Top with sour cream and/or cheese.
Yum that looks very good, i will have to try this. Paula Dean is good. The food channel is one of my favorites. All those cooks on that program have a great cooking talent and dish. I get hungry just watching the shows. Thats a great meal you had, enjoy.
ReplyDeleteI am making this for tonight's dinner! Thanks for sharing the idea. We have a lot of venison, with the promise of more to come!
ReplyDeleteI don't have a packet of ranch dressing but found a recipe on-line to make my own "Almost Hidden Valley". I am going to give it a try.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.grouprecipes.com/29468/ranch-dressing-and-seasoning-mix.html
Our family loves "Taco Soup". I make mine without the ranch and the beans... sometimes I add black olives. Very hearty!
ReplyDelete