Friday, May 6, 2011

RECIPE: Not a Pancake (Egg Pancake with Berries and Syrup)


I've been eating more protein at breakfast every day. It fills me up and keeps me from snacking before lunch. While scrounging through a few of my "healthier" cookbooks, I found this recipe. It sounded awful, but I tried it anyway. Know what? It's delicious!! (And just around 200 calories with 16g protein.)

Egg Pancake with Berries and Syrup

Ingredients
1 egg
2 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon raw (or granulated) sugar
1/4 cup sliced strawberries
1 tablespoon maple syrup

Directions
Heat a small nonstick pan over medium-high heat. In a bowl, mix egg, egg whites, extract, and sugar. Pour this mixture into the pan. When the egg is firm on one side, carefully flip it over. Continue cooking until fully cooked and fluffy. Serve on a plate, topped with fresh fruit and a drizzle of maple syrup.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, I can have that one minus the syrup. I'm going to try it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy does this look good, and add a touch of low fat whipping cream. Your recipes are out of this world, keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete