Friday, April 18, 2014

How to hard-boil (hard-cook) FRESH eggs

My cousin Beth is a genius. A pet-peeve of mine is the inability to hard-boil our fresh chicken eggs without them falling apart while peeling – those pesky whites stick to the shell making a perfectly peeled fresh egg an impossibility. Plus, what's the point of having fresh eggs if you have to save them for a few weeks before boiling them? Enter my cousin Beth and her spot-on tip for hard-cooking fresh eggs. Steam the little suckers! It works like a charm.

STEP #1
Rinse your eggs in warm water.
STEP #2
Place them in a steamer basket over boiling water.
Steam for 20 minutes.
STEP #3
Submerge them in a bowl of ice water. 
STEP #4
You're done – hard-cooked fresh eggs.

How I enjoy my hard-cooked eggs lately …
on gluten-free toast with cream cheese and avocado 
How Josie enjoys hers…
with gluten-free waffles and a side of googley-eyes.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I love your farm fresh eggs, but you are right, hard to peal.

    Thanks to both you and Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy this worked as well for you as it did me. I had searched and searched for a way to have our fresh eggs hard boiled. Genius. I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little egg tray! Also love hard cooked eggs on GF toast with ago (minus the cream cheese here sadly).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same problem!
    Thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete