A couple of weeks ago my mom stopped by for a recipe. When I pulled out my recipe binder, she was horrified. What used to be a neat-as-a-pin, perfectly organized collection of our Kirker family favorites had morphed into a serious paper-bomb of recipes printed from the internet and torn from magazines. Long gone were the sections for "main dish" or "dessert". In their place were hundreds of loose pages shoved together in sections for "stuff we want to try" and "stuff we make quite often." She told me the mess reminded her of my Grandma Payne's drawer and cupboard full of miscellaneous note papers and magazine clippings. (I smiled inside thinking that she and I share that style of recipe collecting.)
Long story short I couldn't find what she needed and realized my "method" may need to be adjusted. So…two binders and a giant box of sheet protectors later, the Kirker family recipes are all back in their perfect little sections. Plus, the binders each have a clip at the front – perfect for those "stuff we want to try" pages.
I have to admit, despite the piles of paper I was buried in for a few hours last Sunday, the entire process was quite therapeutic.
Glad your mess brought you a happy thought of your precious grandma Payne. I still have the recipe binder my mom had, I use it ALL THE TIME. Not real organized but it makes me happy and I can usually find what I want. Hugs
ReplyDeleteWish I would get a copy of this! LG
ReplyDelete