The ladies at Another Mother Runner have put together a fitness challenge called Stride Through the Holidays. It's not a race; no t-shirt or medal. Instead, it's a five-week training plan to get you through the next month or so of holiday craziness. With shorter days in the month of November (well, the days are still 24-hours long, they just seem shorter since it's stinkin' dark by 5:30pm!) I find it very easy to slip into a "easier" workout schedule. Nothing wrong with that, but I thought it might be nice to stay inspired this month. Earn myself a few extra Christmas cookies perhaps?
The challenge benefits the organization Heart Strides:
Heart Strides is an organization that provides new running shoes and gently used exercise apparel for moms with children who are critically ill or have a special need. The entire profit from your entry fee goes directly to Heart Strides, so taking care of yourself provides an opportunity for more moms to move. (Win-win!)Stride Through the Holidays starts Monday. I'm in…anyone want to join me?

I'm not a runner, but I support our families runner.....Lisa Payne Kirker. I do, at almost 65 workout at Curves of Mount pleasant, 6 days a week.
ReplyDeleteMy goal is to continue to be there working out 6 days a week, and to plan ahead for holiday eating, and stay focused on my health, FOR MY FAMILY through the holidays. Lisa is such a balanced, committed, focused family member...one i aspire to follow.
Healthy holidays ahead.
YOU inspire ME! We are all very lucky that you're in such great shape – you need to run after all these little crumb snatchers we gave you!
ReplyDelete