Friday, November 6, 2015

Frugal-Lisa Friday Recipe: Garlic Garlic Copycat


I cook with a lot of garlic around here. A lot. We tease each other during dinner about keeping the vampires away. (Although Josie often confuses the garlic aversion to werewolves, we might be keeping them away too.) I generally use fresh garlic in recipes, but once in a while I'll use this instead: Tastefully Simple Garlic Garlic seasoning. Well…at least my copycat of it. At $8.99 a bottle it got to be a little expensive for weekly use. (Easiest way to use it? On garlic bread, or dumped over oil so you can dip your fresh crusty bread in and soak up the oil and yummy garlic pieces. So good.)



RECIPE: Garlic Garlic Copycat


Ingredients
3 oz. container dried minced garlic
2 tablespoons dried minced onion
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried chives
1 teaspoon dried dill
½ teaspoon dried basil

Directions
1 teaspoon = 1 clove of garlic

*** I have a cupboard full of homemade spice blends. I plan on featuring a different one each Friday for next six weeks. Plus, a great gift idea at the end. (Bet you can't guess what it is!) ***



1 comment: