Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Recipe: Martha Stewart One-Pan Pasta


I stumbled across this recipe a while back and put it on the "back burner".  Friday evening I actually did put it on the back burner. We were all shocked at how simple and delicious it was!

A couple of changes…I would reduce the red pepper flakes to 1/4 teaspoon. Ellie and Josie ate it, but not without a couple glasses of milk on the side to cool their mouths. I also replaced half of the liquid with chicken stock that I had in the fridge. Lastly, I cooked a couple links of Itailian sausage, sliced them and served them on top of the pasta.

Recipe: Martha Stewart One-Pan Pasta


Ingredients
12 ounces linguine
12 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
1 onion, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes (suggest using 1/4 teaspoon)
2 sprigs basil, plus torn leaves for garnish
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
4 1/2 cups water (suggest 2 cups chicken stock and 2-1/2 cups water)
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
Addition: I cooked two links of Italian sausage, sliced and served it on top of the pasta.

Directions
Combine pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, red-pepper flakes, basil, oil, 2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and water in a large straight-sided skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil mixture, stirring and turning pasta frequently with tongs, until pasta is al dente and water has nearly evaporated, about 9 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment