Years later, I realized that I'd been enjoying Crepes for breakfast. I so wanted to duplicate the experience for Ellie and Josie, but they always seemed like such a difficult thing to make. Terribly thin, how on earth would I be able to flip them? Well…I was wrong. No wonder Mrs. Williamson made them for us each morning. I didn't realize how simple they are. Mix up the batter before bed, heat up a cast iron pan, and breakfast is ready in minutes. So easy and soooo delicious!
![]() |
| Simple ingredients, mixed in the blender smoothie jar |
![]() |
| Refrigerate overnight |
![]() |
| Pour, swirl, watch, flip |
![]() |
| Spread with jam, butter or (E&J's favorite), Nutella |
![]() |
| Enjoy! |
Recipe: Norwegian Pancakes (AKA: Crepes)
Ingredients
1 cup flour
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup water
2 eggs
3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions
The night before:
Mix together all ingredients. This amount fits perfectly in the 00oz. blender jar of our Ninja. Refrigerate overnight.
The morning of:
Warm a 10" cast iron skillet (or other non-stick pan) to medium/medium high heat. Rub a little butter or coconut oil over the pan before making your first pancake. (Refer to photo above for steps shown.)
1. Once the pan is nice and hot, pour a small amount (1/4 cup-ish) of batter into the center.
2. Swirl the batter until it reaches the edges of the pan (or at least thins out to an even thickness.)
3. Cook until the top is no longer shiny (about 30-45 seconds.)
4. Flip and cook the other side until cooked through (another 20-30 seconds.)
Stack your cooked pancakes on a wire rack to keep them from getting soggy. Fill them with butter, jam, Nutella or roll them up plain and top with powdered sugar or maple syrup. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!





Those girls, so lucky to have you for their mom. Hugs
ReplyDelete