I love pancakes. For years (yes...years) I have been in search of the perfect pancake recipe. Buttermilk, sour milk, sit on the counter overnight, cowboy, Norwegian, Swedish, German, you name it, I've whipped 'em up, taken a bite and critiqued. A couple of years ago I thought I had found it, boy was I wrong!
A few months ago I pre-ordered The Pioneer Woman Cooks - I love Ree Drummond's blog about life on an Oklahoma ranch, and her recipes never fail. The book arrived on Saturday and I spent Sunday reading through every last page, compiling a list of what to make this week.
So far I've made her pizza crust, modified her calzone recipe, and had a taste-off last night to compare her Linguine and Clams to my recipe. (Kyle liked mine a little better, I don't use cream. Either he's being honest or he's just the sweetest husband on Earth.) But, the pancakes I made this morning...holy macaroni...they are amazing!
Small discs of morning heaven. Not too dense, not too thin. Tons of flavor. Drenched in real butter and real maple syrup. Yum.
I either need to promise myself I'll only make them once in a while, or move the treadmill into the kitchen.
Sounds delicious! I don't know why I haven't visited her site in ages. I love it. I think I'll have to order the book, too.
ReplyDeleteI am with Kellie. I HAVE to order the book, for Mike. Remember he is the cook in our family. That, and he was reading your copy on Sunday and has talked about it every day since.
ReplyDeleteI think Kyle was being honest, he has ALWAYS loved your Linguine and Clams....sometime we will have to make them together so I can see how you did them.