Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cookie Week - Day 3...

TUESDAY - Chocolate Pretzel Candies
Recipe from my mother-in-law, Jessica Mox

Ingredients
Small Pretzels
Hershey Kisses
M&M Candies

Directions
Preheat the oven to 250˚F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Fill the cookie sheet with pretzels, laying them flat in one layer. Place one un-wrapped Kiss on each pretzel. Heat in the oven for 3-5 minutes, or until the kiss has slightly softened. Remove the pan and press one M&M candy into each kiss. Allow them to cool before eating them...I dare you!

Variations: Jessica uses Rollo candies instead of Kisses sometimes - these are really, really good! Really, you could use about any type of chocolate candy, I don't think you can go wrong with this recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Lisa we even did these once with a ?peppermint? Hersheys kiss and a lot of people liked that interesting combo. I had a hard time with the rolos, maybe didn't cook them enough.

    My boy love to make these to give to their teachers along with an angel or snowflake bead ornament :-)

    have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I use a Rollo, I do bake them a bit longer and sometimes at a bit higher temp. I use half a pecan instead of an M&M when I use the Rollo and I swear they taste like the expensive carmel/pecan candies.

    You really can't do a bad combination!

    ReplyDelete