Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chocolate chip cookie craving.

A few days ago I ran across a blog entry that compared a chocolate chip cookie recipe from Smitten Kitchen with Alton Brown's The Chewy. According to blog entry, Smitten Kitchen's recipe is better. I've made The Chewy...it's amazing, chocolate chip cookie perfection. I had to try the Smitten Kitchen version.

Last night the craving hit. Ellie and I agreed that we needed to bake some cookies. We got out the KitchenAid and pre-heated the oven. In went the sugars, butter, eggs and more. So far, so good. Then we got to the part of the recipe that reads "Refrigerate for 36-48 hours."

WHAT?

I don't know about you, but when I get a craving, it's generally NOT two days in advance.

I see another flaw in this recipe. Who on this green earth can leave a bowl of chocolate cookie dough in the fridge for two days without grabbing a bite here and there throughout the day? When I finally get to bake these little suckers, there may only be four or five tablespoons of dough left.

Anyway, I'll let you know how they turn out...on Thursday.

7 comments:

  1. I am with you, a craving means NOW! Can't wait to see what you girls determine, Smitten versus Alton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go with Alton, the guy knows how to cook and really make treats and food taste out of this world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think at this point th eonly thin gyou cna do is to make the other cooke and bring both to Book club so we can do a blind taste test. This is very "Help" inspired and something this non-baker would enjoy very much. I am just saying . . . that is really the only solution I can think of!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. Look at all the typos in my last post. That is because I was so excited at the though of choc. chip cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm craving chocolate chip cookies now. I think I'm going to try the chewy...can't wait for the others to ripen in the fridge:) Let us know how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made the chewy yesterday and they were awesome! I agree Nancy, we should have a taste test on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm all for choc chip cookies!! But I'm waiting on the Breakfast Cookie I challenged you with...?

    ReplyDelete