
I know it's Frugal-Lisa Friday, but this post couldn't wait – it's been a long time in the works! (This recipe is dedicated to my friend Wendy, who challenged me to come up with a good breakfast cookie, and my mother-in-law, Jessica whose favorite breakfast is always a cookie!)
Healthy (and Yummy!) Breakfast Cookies
Ingredients
1 cup whole oats
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
5 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon molasses
1/4 cup dried cherries, dried cranberries, raisins or chopped dried plums
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Combine the dry ingredients: whole oats, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients: brown sugar, maple syrup, melted butter, vanilla extract and molasses. Beat for 1-2 minutes or until well combined. Slowly add in the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined. Add in the chocolate chips, dried fruit and nuts.
Roll into 1" sized balls. Place 2" apart on the parchment lined baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
I will be making these today! These sound wonderful!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your efforts.
I can actually have breakfast and eat my cookie too!
These look so YUM! Thanks for the recipe. :) I'm enjoying your blog by the way.
ReplyDeleteThese look so YUM! Thanks for the recipe. :) I'm enjoying your blog by the way.
ReplyDelete