I pulled a Chuck Roast out of the freezer this weekend. My plan was to make a hearty pot roast. Plans changed and the defrosted roast sat in the fridge for a few days. Sunday afternoon while making my meal plan for the week, I surfed around for a new recipe and use for the roast. This one popped up and we gave it a shot. We're really, really glad we did!
Why no picture for this one? Because when I should have been setting my sandwich down and taking a few great pictures, I was forearms deep in juicy, meaty, spicy, sandwich goodness and didn't want to take a break. (Not sure what's up with all the food posts. PMS?)
These were the perfect Monday evening meal. They cooked all day and were dee-licious
RECIPE: Beef and Pepperoncini Sandwiches
Ingredients
3.5 -4 lb. Chuck Roast
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (16 oz.) jar of Pepperoncinis
Hoagie buns
Provolone cheese
Directions
Place the roast in a crockpot/slowcooker. Add the garlic, onions and the entire jar of Pepperoncinis (juice and all!). Cook on low for 8-10 hours. I added a little salt and pepper right before serving.
Serve on hoagie buns with a little Provolone cheese melted over the top. Yum, yum, yum!
My mouth is watering just reading your recipe and how you describe that great flavor of this sandwich. I can tell your a very good cook. You recipes are out of this world. Keep them coming.
ReplyDeleteThis sounds very similar to the one Mike makes, but we add beef broth and a beer. Not sure we ever thought to add cheese, great addition I am sure.
ReplyDeleteSounds good right NOW!
Hugs