We love, love, love Asparagus and Lobster Pasta. My back side does not. In an effort to make a "less decadent", but equally delicious version, I made a few changes to the recipe. I thought I'd miss all the cream and butter {Yes. I, Lisa Kirker did not cook with butter}, I didn't miss them at all, the flavors of the asparagus and seafood seemed to show through a little more. The result? It's wonderful!
Asparagus and Lobster Pasta - Redux!
Ingredients
3 tablespoons olive oi
3 cloves minced garlic
1/2 small chopped onion
3 cups raw asparagus, cut into 1" chunks
1 package imitation lobster (chunked or flaked)
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
pinch of nutmeg
salt and pepper
1/4-1/2 cup reserved pasta water
1# box Farfalle (bowtie) pasta
Directions
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Before draining the pasta, reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Drain pasta and set aside. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and onion. Sauté until the onion is translucent (about 3 minutes). Add the asparagus. Sauté until the asparagus is as tender as you'd like it (approximately 10 minutes). Add the lobster. Heat through. Add the cheese, cream, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for another 3 minutes or so until the sauce starts to bubble and thicken slightly. Add 1/4 cup of the pasta water to thin the sauce a bit (add the remaining 1/4 cup if you like it a little thinner). Dump the pasta in the pan and toss with the sauce. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with a few red pepper flakes to give it a little kick!
I am not a cream and butter person, but olive oil, yes what a great flavor. Again another great reciepe i will try. I love all of these dihes, so good. And yes these dishes have a tendency to make the bathroom a bonding friend for a while, understand taht, LOLS.
ReplyDelete