Friday, August 26, 2011

101 Cookbooks Peanut Butter Cookies


I've had a craving for peanut butter cookies for months and months. I've been avoiding making them since I know if I make them, I will eat them. All of them. (Except for the few that the girls enjoy.) I was browsing a one of my favorite sites and came across this recipe on 101 Cookbooks.

These cookies are heavenly! They contain no butter (olive oil instead), no white sugar (maple syrup instead) and no eggs. The recipe calls for whole wheat pastry flour, but I substituted all-purpose whole wheat flour plus cornstarch. (Substitution is 7/8 cup flour plus 2 tablespoons of corn starch.)

With the simple ingredient list I think they almost count as healthy cookies!


1 comment:

  1. Boy these look good. I will try and make them. I love your choice to use Olive Oil, i love the stuff. I can almost taste these in the pics. Enjoy, i know what you mean, i could eat them all too. Keep your recipes coming. Your a good cook.

    ReplyDelete