Friday, September 23, 2011

Recipe: Pasta with Sausage and Tomatoes


We're fans of "simple" pastas. Of course we love our complicated, cheesy lasagna now and then, but there's something really satisfying about pasta and olive oil with nothing more than salt, pepper, garlic and a few veggies. This is one of those recipes.

It's from the latest issue of Real Simple. Click here for their printable recipe.

A few notes:  {A} The recipe says "serves 4". Maybe four lumberjacks or hockey players, not four Kirkers. It's going to make great leftovers, so I'm not worried about having too much, but if you're cooking for two, you may want to halve the recipe. (Or eat leftovers for three or four days.)  {B} The recipe calls for 3/4 lbs. sweet Italian sausage. I bought a package of Johnsonville sausage - 3/4 lb = 3 links.

I was skeptical about roasting canned tomatoes in the oven. I shouldn't have been. The flavor was so smokey and subtle. Really delicious.

Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. What a great recipe, two of my favorites, olive oil and pasta with garlic. You can also add a touch of basil and oregano too for a tad more flavor. Another touch of mine would be some greek black olives. Thank you so much for this, we be making this very soon. Thats Italian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I am on my way to the farmer's market to get spinach now.

    ReplyDelete