Wednesday, August 17, 2011

RECIPE: Drunken Berry Sauce


This is one of my favorite summer recipes to serve to guests. It's incredibly simple, yet so delicious. Sorry...you must be 21 to enjoy this one!

RECIPE: Drunken Berry Sauce

 Ingredients
Chambord Raspberry Liquor
Triple Sec Orange Liquor
Berries
Sugar
Pound Cake


Directions

Place about 4-5 cups of berries in a glass dish. I have mostly blackberries here, with some blueberries and strawberries mixed in.



Sprinkle sugar over the berries. I use Raw Sugar – about 2-3 tablespoons.



Now it's time for the good stuff. Pour a glug or two of Triple Sec over the berries. Next pour a few glugs of Chambord over the berries. As a guide, I probably used 2 ounces of Triple Sec and 4 ounces of Chambord. I like the raspberry liquor taste to stand out.



Now, stir it up, cover the container and refrigerate for at least a few hours, and up to 3 days. The longer it sits, the more the berries will soak up the liquor and break down with their own juices.



To serve the berries, you can pour them over ice cream, or pound cake. (Here's a link to an Epicurious recipe for Elvis Presley's Favorite Pound Cake. It's mine too.)


Really, go the pound cake route. The cake soaks up the juices and melts in your mouth. Think of all the antioxidants from those berries! They have to make up for the seven eggs and two sticks of butter...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment